Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back from our Palm Springs Vacation

We just got back from a great trip to the Palm Springs area.  We have a dear friend who just moved there and we were so excited to see her new house!  She is an amazing decorator and even though she's only been in the new house a short time, it's already beautiful!

A very fun part of her new house is the guest casita.  Our daughter stayed in the guest room in the main house and my husband and I got the casita.  Talk about a nice vacation!  Besides being beautiful, it was so private and so well equipped.  We had a brand new luxurious bed, our own kitchen area and bathroom.  




Right outside our casita was this beautiful birdcage.  




There were several seating areas, an outdoor kitchen, fire pit area and  chaise lounges near the pool.




They just had a gorgeous salt water pool, spa and waterfall installed.  We spent countless hours just floating around in there.  We would shop in the mornings, go to lunch, come home and lay on floaties in the pool, then either have a bbq there or go to Happy Hour for dinner and drinks, then back to the pool before bed each night.  It was the perfect vacation!








This is a den right when you walk in the house.  It is so pretty.


 She has an incredible collection of antique apothecary jars. I love the shells in them.



This is the family room.  Everything in her house is so pretty, yet so cozy and comfortable.




I love her style!




I will do another post on some of the things we bought during our shopping expeditions as well as some of the treasures she gave me that she wasn't using in this house.  

Thanks so much for visiting!
Pam
I am linking to the following parties:




8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Pam, so glad you had a great trip!! Your friends home is beautiful and I love the way she has it decorated!!! How funny is that finding the same bird cloche. Can't wait to see all the goodies you came home with! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-- Shopping on vacation is always the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! I love Palm Springs!My parents used to have a vacation home in Palm Desert and we spent many weekends there when we lived in California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the BEST of Palm Springs. Your friend's cottage is up there with the best in bed & breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! The pool is gorgeous! Glad you had such a relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friends home is lovely and I like her style too! Those antigue apothecary jars are just beautiful. What a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, I just found your lovely blog this evening and while snooping around I had to stop and comment on this post.

    I just moved to the Palm Desert area one year ago. It is refreshing to see someone else in the desert area decorating in my style. Light and bright!

    I also have a casita but mine is used as a den for now as we have a guest room inside the house.

    Happy to have found your blog. I am now following you. I'll be back again and again.

    You are always welcome to join my Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.