Thursday, March 8, 2012

Special Gifts from a Special Friend

A few years ago, I was on the Rate My Space site and met some really talented people.  Heather, who was one of the most talented ladies on there, happened to live a couple of hours from me.  After getting to know each other through our garden postings, she invited me to an antique show in her area.  Another friend and I headed the 100 miles to meet her in person and shop, shop, shop.  We had a great time!  Soon after that, my husband took a job 800 miles away, so we moved.  Well, luckily, our son decided to go to college in the same town she lives in!  Now every time we visit our son, I get to spend time with Heather!  Her home and garden are absolutely gorgeous and she knows the best shopping places in the area. Colby Cottage and Treaures from the Heart Blog are two favorites that she's introduced me to.

Today I received a box full of gifts for my birthday from Heather.  Oh, she knows me so well!!

A nest and eggs. I love the materials underneath it.



 I think it looks great on this old scale.  Now if I can keep the cat from playing with the eggs...

I love this old fan!




 She sent this mini cake plate.  I like how it holds another nest perfectly.




 This ruffled terra cotta pot is so cute!



This is one of the gifts she sent me for Christmas.  Perfect!


We laugh that we started out as friends who met on the internet!  She is one of the nicest, most generous people I've ever met.  Thank goodness for the internet.  :)

Thank you for your visit.

Pam

I am linking to the following parties:

 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Pam!!! Heather sure does know what you love. She sent you the best goodies for your special day.


    xo,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Pam! What a sweet friend and such wonderful gifts! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful friend to send you such a great gift! Happy Birthday! Hope things have been going well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so blessed to have kind generous friends in life.

    I have been so fortunate to meet some wonderful people by blogging...and other who I have not met I feel such a kinship to.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet Pam. I had no idea you were on RMS. I was too for about two years. Then I came over to blogging and encouraged a lot of my friends to come along with me. In fact we have others that did not start a blog but we have a facebook page just for us RMS'ers. How cool. That site really brought a lot of friendships together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, you are so lucky to have such a kind friend, and she is lucky, too! I love your birthday presents. The old fan is fantastic!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so special...what a great, uplifting story...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS....I have an old fan like that too...love the look but mine is so noisy. Is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. Heather is one sweet and very creative lady.
    She sent you some adorable treasures.
    And I am not just saying that because she is a customer at my store either. =)

    Thanks for linking to my blog.
    Now, off to see more of yours. =)

    blessings
    barbara jean
    Treasures from the Heart Gift Shop
    Eugene, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that we can find new friends online and then really get to know them. What wonderful gifts. Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays. I hope that one day we could meet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is nice ruffled terra cotta pot, also nict to Send gifts to Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sweet and thoughtful idea! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.
    Gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.