Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthday Fun at an Antique Show

This weekend, my husband surprised me by asking to go with me to an antique show so we could spend the day together for my birthday. What a fun day, especially since I had someone to carry all of my treasures!


 
A couple of weeks ago, Jill from forever*cottage was selling a bowling pin.  I bought it from her and started looking around for more.  They go for quite a bit on eBay and you have to pay for shipping, so it adds up. I was thrilled to find this one and take it with me.
 
 
 
 



I love this old rusty can. 


 
I am planning to use this big metal milk crate to hold blankets in the game room.



 
I am a sucker for blue canning jars and love the rustiness of the metal around it.


 
This fan actually works!  I like that it is blue too!


I also found a neat little cigar box.   We were standing and talking and a lady walked up and asked WHERE I had found it?  She was so excited about it.  When I told her where the booth was, but that it was the only one, she was so bummed!  It had CORINA printed nicely on it.  And you guessed it, her name is Corina.  I told her what I'd paid for it and if she wanted it, it was hers.  OMG, she was so happy, which in turn, made me happy.  My husband was just dumbfounded about the whole conversation.  haha. 

 
 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam




I am linking to the following parties:
 
 

14 comments:

  1. What a great birthday. My hubby uses old bowling pins for target practice. They are very hard to penetrate with a bullet. We have a friend who owns a bowling alley so they are free for us. Love all your new treasures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely of you to sell your treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds there, love your fan. You are such a sweetie Pam! You made her day and she will remember you every time she looks at her Corina cigar box...so sweet!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special gift you gave Corina! It must have been kind of magical for her to receive a free gift from a stranger. It looks like you found some nice treasures for yourself as well. Wire baskets are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Pam! That was so kind of you to sell to Corina, the Corina box. I love the fan most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable fan. Happy birthday! So glad you had such a special day.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Pam! Love all your treasures. So nice of you to give Corina the cigar box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful birthday, love all your finds! Wonderful that you made another happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice of you to sell the cigar box. That sounds like the perfect birthday to me. Happy Birthday! That fan is too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice of you to sell Corina that box! What a lovely birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was so sweet of you to make Corina's day...especially since it was your Birthday. I got such a kick out of your husbands reaction. I bet every woman reading this post thinks your conversation with Corina was the most normal thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute story and such fun finds. Love the bowling pin. I keep my eye out for those, but so far have not run across any. Glad you scored one!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. What awesome treasures you found!
    I'm always looking for those bowling pins, and they are very hard to come buy. Love the fan.
    What a wonderful idea to use the milk crate to hold blankets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.