We have recently redone both sides of the backyard. Last week I showed the arbor we put in HERE. This project is where we added a path, DIY curbing and a new planter. Now we have the entrance to the backyard that we always wanted!
Here it is in March.
After we added the arbor, we tore out about a third of the grass.
I wanted to keep the grass here so I could get the mower to the backyard. Well, setting pavers is a lot of work. Setting pavers in cutouts of grass is a TON of work!! My back and hips are just now getting back to feeling normal...
We added the forms to make our own curbing. I called around and the minimum charge for curbing was $275. Since we only needed 20 feet, we decided it wouldn't be worth almost $15 a foot to have someone come out. Instead, we bought boards and concrete mix and did it ourselves for $24. And I think it looks just like the professional curbing!
We left the forms on for 24 hours.
We then added a couple of new sprinklers to the planter.
And lots of flowers--Rose of Sharon, Peony (already blooming!), Cosmos, Daisies, Lamb's Ear, etc. and of course a birdhouse!
It shouldn't take too long for the grass seed to fill in the empty spaces.
Thanks for your visit!
I am linking to the following parties: